Natural Ways to Ward Off Winter Colds
Cold and flu season is here. Save yourself from the sniffles and aches by bolstering your immune system with some natural, simple techniques.
Keep Healthy With Herbs
For centuries, herbs have been used in Chinese medicine and many other traditional medicinal systems to help strengthen the immune system.
- Ligustrum has been shown in many recent studies to have immunity-boosting benefits.
- Cherokee rose is traditionally used to protect the body from external pathogens with its astringent properties. It’s also one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C.
- Honeysuckle is a natural antimicrobial herb that has been used for thousands of years to increase resistance and fight against bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
Treat Your Body Right
Encourage your body to fight flu and other infections by giving it the care it needs.
- Get at least seven hours of quality sleep every night. Studies show that your immune system function drops by an average of 60% after just three nights of poor sleep.
- Keep your stress level low with meditation, tai chi or yoga.
- Dry body-brushing daily can activate lymph circulation, which helps clear out toxic debris and stimulate immunity.
Read full article with more tips at http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/mao-shing-ni-lac-dom-phd/natural-ways-ward-winter-colds